Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Remember..

your childhood dog who was more like a member of the family than a pet? I remember mine..she was the most sweet natured little girl, she was more like another mother to me than a dog. We were never sure exactly what kind of dog she was, she was a mix but she won our hearts from the first day she showed up in our yard. She watched over me as I played outside, she walked me down the path from my grandma's house next door back home. And whenever I would pat my stomach and open my arms wide she would jump up and very gently put her front paws on my waist and we would "dance"..oh how I loved her.
Two Sundays ago at the end of my first Christmas Card session I met Lady Bug & her family, the Tarts. They had asked if they could bring their dog, and of course I said yes! Lady Bug was very old and couldn't walk very well, so the family had to drive her right up to the place where we were taking the pictures and carry her to her spot. It was so touching to see how this family took care of her so gently and even though she was sick, she was a good dog throughout the whole shoot. The bond between Lady Bug and Mr. Mike (dad) was very apparent and he asked if he could have a picture of just him & his best friend.
Yesterday, Lady Bug passed away. Thank you Lady Bug for the many years of unconditional love you gave this family. Today is dedicated to you.















No comments:

Post a Comment